There are well over 100 separate parameters that can be changed and in order to keep tract of what I am doing I have made a blank spreadsheet with each of the parameters and fill in all the values by hand every time I make an adjustment. I then print these spreadsheets (on paper) and store them in a ring folder with the final results of the test run so I know what to do in future. It is laborious! Is there anyway that I could export the parameters and their value to a spreadsheet (preferably Apple’s Numbers)? It would save me hours of work. Thanks…
Sending Cura's parameters to a regular paper printer
I might be missing something, but that’s what custom profiles are for. Make all the changes you want, then create profile from those changes. Give it a name and call it up anytime you want.
Keep in mind that in Cura 3.6.38 it sometimes doesn’t actually make the profile. I find that single-word names for the profiles works best.
Wow! Thank you so much, I can’t believe I never noticed this “Create Profile” function before. I had only ever flipped from, say, Standard to High Detail without ever reading the rest of the drop down box. However, I would still love to be able to print out (on paper) the whole slew of parameters and settings so I could examine and compare them at leisure. (I was a research scientist before retiring and got used to using statistical design where you can evaluate the effect several changed parameters have on a system (including parameter interaction). I thought this might be fun to do with Cura.
You can “export” and “import” profiles. The exported file is mostly readable text and I believe it contains the changes that have been made to a base profile (which is identified).
With a little bit of experimentation, I believe you can figure out how to capture the profile data as text which can then be printed on paper.
The CuraLE sources are also available so with a little bit of sleuthing, you could probably figure out what the “binary” bits are in the exported profile.
Thanks for your helpful suggestion. Which works!
- I exported the profile that I had previously saved in Profiles (Manage Profiles) to a convenient folder.
- Changed the extension from .curaprofile to .txt
- Opened the text file in TextEdit
- Selected all and copied, and then pasted into a Numbers spread sheet
- Used the text manipulation commands, (LEFT, 3), RIGHT and LEN to get the descriptor in one column and the data (usually 3 digits, e.g. 230 or 0.3 etc) in the column to the right of the descriptors.
- Then a little cleaning up, and we have it.
7 (It is a pity Apple Numbers doesn’t have Macros like Excel)
Again many thanks, you have saved me hours!