Show off your Printer and Printing station!

Here’s my attic.

I need to invest in one or two enclosures as it’s really cold up there most of the time.
End up running a fan heater to warm up the room for a while before printing or I got massive warping issues.

Those foam floor mats piled up under the printers really help dampen the sound.

this is my brand new lulzbot mini… i’m using it in order to build a marble run… i found lots of free files in thingiverse.com… this is my funnel =) :smiley: :smiley:
20160125_222645.jpg

Here is my TAZ 5 printer.

The printer is enclosed in the 28"x28"x27" enclosure. An LED light strip was also added to the top, it is held on with magnets. A tool caddy was added to right side.

The filament spools were moved to to the top of the enclosure so they are easy to change. The stock guide tube holders were used.

The vent holes for the electronics. The center hole is used for access to connect the power cable before the printer is slid in place.

A thermometer was added to monitor the internal temps. The door is left open when printing with PLA.

Netcam mounted to right side of the enclosure so the printing can be remotely monitored.

One of the problems I had with my dual head was the idle filament would break on big prints as the X axis moved back & forth. The black 3D print bracket was installed to hold both filament tubes vertical and prevent them from bending. The bracket is attached to the back of the extruder plate. The stock screw was replaced with a M3x25 and wing nut is use to hold the bracket on.

Wow mine is so bad compared to some of them on here haha. But I figured I’d still post it to show how it works for me.

So it’s a Lulzbot Taz 3. I got it from ITW in Loveland Colorado! I got it used for a great price (especially considering how bad the AUD has tanked lately!) and the guys there were great in terms of shipping it to me all the way over in Australia! Thanks guys!

It was actually in great condition, The only thing I’ve done is change the PET tape to a PEI sheet, and honestly, the PET tape was brilliant, but it stuck so hard I ripped it up bigtime. The PEI sheet is AMAZING, just let it cool and it lifts right off. Amazing :slight_smile: I HOPE it comes down in price, it cost me about $100 AUD for one sheet, but at least it was sent from Australia (from Lulzbot) so it arrived quickly. I’m happy to pay for such fast postage!

Yes this is a ghetto setup. I moved into this place about three months ago but I’ve been so busy this has been seriously neglected. I built this bench, I made a sketch literally on a napkin and then just made it one night drinking beers watching stargate atlantis. I was pretty surprised how solid it is, I tried to make it as stable as possible, while still being a decent height so I didn’t have to lean down to work on it. It doesn’t look that tall in the photos, but it’s pretty high, can’t remember actual high in mm, but it’s perfect standing height for me and I’m like 185cm tall? I need to add some shelves to it so I can store my ABS underneath it.

Basically, I have an oldish samsung slate 7 tablet which connects to the printer via USB, as well as a webcam. Then the tablet connects back inside via wifi. I use teamviewer to start/stop prints via cura, as well as view the webcam to make sure no errors. I’ve also got a wifi controlled power switch to cut power in case I’m printing while at work/away and something goes really wrong.

I need to print a better mount for the camera so it’s level with the bed, and also so I can attach LED lights to the camera, rather than relying on the shed light to see progress. I also need a better filament reel holder… this one doesn’t hold it and it spools off, so I have to lean an ammo box against it just to hold it! Also I need to make a mount for the tablet too.

Yes that’s right, I print in my garage! Its actually worked out really well. See, I was quite paranoid about ABS fumes, and rightly so it seems, so I didn’t want to print inside. So I made the table to fit in the garage corner. The bonus is that it retains heat very well, PLUS when I arrive home, my ute’s engine actually warms the room quite a bit, which means ABS prints even better!

Here is my new TAZ 6 with some prints on her. She is in my office upstairs and so far so good. I have yet to print ABS and when I do, I have a feeling she might go in the basement. but until then, all good where she is at the moment!

This is my enclosure I made for my Taz 6. I used a LED light from home depot ($47- its bright as FCK)

I used the 24 x 24 fiberboard from home depot - modified the backend to let the tray/build plate slide further back.
then used acrylic I cut with my hand held sabre saw

Brackets etc printed mostly from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:746922

Hi, everyone! I’ve been printing for about a month and I think I may have finally found the spot for my printer (Named: Déjà)

*Note I’ve since rotated her 90° so I could access the electrical panel, if needed.