Date completed: 2/11/15
Today i started a print, watched to make sure it got the brim down. Then went to have a smoke, when i came back to check on it i saw that it was no longer extruding. Killed the power right away. Restarted and heated it back up to see if the hobbled bolt had taken a bite out of it. It was hard to see and then i saw a ton of little plastic shavings. Tried to pull the filament out and could not. Turned it back off and visited the forum to see if i could find an answer. Found a post where it seemed to have my answer that i needed. (https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/hexagon-hot-end-clogged-with-hips/1388/6). In there Orias listed a step by step way to fix the issue. I’ll rehash as short as i can.
- Heated the hotend using pronterface to 250c, then waited a while for it the heat up then a extra min or two.
- Popped open the idler holder.
- Tried to tug the filament out. No luck, so i let it set for a couple more min to see if it would soften up so i could tug it out. Once again i gave it a tug and it broke off from the hotend.
- went back to the forum to see if i could find help, nothing really that i could tell.
- Called a buddy that had a jeweler’s lathe thing, and asked for some help cuz he had very fine bits. Worked with him for a couple hours to trim out filament that we could see before putting the whole thing back together.
- Heated the end up and fed some filament in, boom had feed, crappy but feed. Then i noticed that the small fan was not working. Thinking that i may have got the wires wrong i shut it off and pulled my book. (which by the way as a side note, it don’t really show a way to tell the 2 fan plugs apart. Update maybe.) Since it was not working i unplugged the 2 and switched them. Still got nothing, again i turned it off and checked my wiring and inside the plugs to see if when i took it apart, if something worked loose. didn’t find anything so i restarted it. Nope nothing.
after troubleshooting by unpluging the small fan and plugging it into the large fan which is working, it still does not work.
So where do i go from here, do i have to pay for a whole new head or is it covered. It really seems that the wiring is not putting out power to turn it on at all.