I have narrowed down my search for a 3D printer to just a few of which the TAZ 3 is one of the front runners. I have seen may opinions spread across the web on the TAZ 3 many good and some bad but it seems as though a certain amount of them are from people who have no practical experience with the printer. I am looking for actual users to help me decide. Can you please tell me what made you choose the TAZ 3 and your thoughts after purchase both good and bad. I am new to all of this so at this point I only know what I have read and realize opinions vary and that there are “fan boys” that back a product no matter if it is good or not. I haven’t found many reviews for the TAZ 3 but the view of the Company seems good. I have just seen multiple postings that there are several “better” printers for the money. Do you feel there is anything missing on the TAZ 3? I don’t have practical experience with 3D printers so I don’t know how essential one feature is over the next. I guess when it comes to facts you first have to figure out what is important here are some things that come to mind for me (in no particular order). How does the TAZ 3 do in these categories?
- reliability - Does it break down, need excessive maintenance or repair?
- customer support / company reputation - Have you been happy with the tech support you have received?
- quality/precision of prints - I have seen much written about this but I haven’t determine what values are “state of the art” in the TAZ’s price range
- consistency of prints - Once fine tuned are print repeatable without a lot of fuss?
- speed of prints - is it slow, fast or in between?
- ease of use - Do you have to be a master of all things 3D to have success using it?
- features - Missing anything or is there something you wish it had?
- community support - I think I know the answer to this one
- upgradability - Does the design lend itself to addons, updates and enhancements?
- amount and frequency of “tweaking” - how much time is required to keep printing things of high quality?
- components - is any of its parts outdated?
Did I miss anything that is an important items to compare/consider when purchasing a 3D Printer? I am also considering a Makergear M2 so if anyone has experience with both I would like to know how they compare.