I’ve been super happy with my mini since i got it but it seems that it’s now having major problems with ABS warping. I’ve tried all the usual stuff:
- Clean / wipe down the bed with IPA - the bed is clean and flat with no damage
- Ensure the nozzle is clean
- Ensure extrusion is calibrated correctly
- Measure the filament diameter multiple times along its length
- Up the temps a little - to 245 extrusion and 115 bed
- Change the model being printed to avoid hard to print parts, e.g. thick bottoms and hollow tops etc.
I checked my bed temperature and i found it varies quite a bit. In cura i have set 115 degrees, and around the edges i see 98-105 which seems low but ok-ish. In the middle of the bed though, i see 85 which for a 115 setting seems well off.
I just experimented with where i placed some prints - i put one on a hot part of the bed and one printing at the same time spanning a hot and the 85 degree part of the bed. That part is sufferring the worst abs curl i’ve seen yet!
So, have i nailed it, is this my cause?
What’s my next steps, can i buy a new bed? I’m in the UK and i think i’ll be out of warranty period now.