My Taz 6 originally came with a wierd Z axis issue and support was awesome and send me some of the gray Z axis coupler’s for free.
When I attempt to move the z-axis the Left Z-Axis Motor (nearest electronics) binds/grinds and won’t move. If I disconnect the power cord from the Left Z Axis Motor it’s very smooth. I’ve leveled the z-axis using a pair of digital calipars. Another thing to note, I cannot move the z-axis at all through the LCD interface. Cura only. My firmware is 220.127.116.11. Also, once in awhile it will work fine, raise/lower perfect; I’ll reset the machine and it will now start to bind. This is without printing anything, just a simple reboot goes from ok to binding (without me even touching any part of the machine)
What I’ve Tried
- Reset to factory settings in the LCD.
- Leveled Z-axis multiple times
- Squared the machine according to the docs
- Adjusted the “Z-Nut” on the black cones. I tightened each one all the way and then backed them out a 1/4 turn
- Aligned and tightened the set-screws on the z-axis couplers
- Removed the left z-axis motor and verified that it worked fine under no-load (it did)
I’m at a loss. Any ideas?