I have a tiny bit of remaining part inconsistancy that usually occurs in round corners. I “think” that might be related to flex of the extruder hot end itself as it goes around those corners. So, I decided that as I finally get around to upgrading to the Hexagon hot end that I’ve had sitting on my desk for 5 months now, I need to make a reinforced extruder mount to go with it.
I looked at the current Taz 6 prototype Extruder mount, and I liked most of it (http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/Mangrove/production_parts/printed_parts/extruder_mount_mangrove/) but i decided that I needed a different duct arrangement, since that one will hit my anti wobble units. I also wanted it a bit stiffer with some side reinforcing. So, I came up with this:
This one is a hybrid of the Taz 6 extruder mount, The stock Taz 5 extruder mount, and a reingineered duct design borrowed from Wolfie’s mount design. I shifted everything around a bit, moved the side duct in 5mm, added a return air circulation endpiece to help vent the air up and away from the part rather than down or out the side, added reinforcing wings everywhere, and thickened the backplate. It weighs more than the stock Taz 6 unit, but it seems to have less theoretical flex. So far the physical unit looks nice and seems to fit. no idea if it works well at all or not yet though. Testing will occur whenever I get the fan wires ran and ends crimped.
Anyways, Here it is. The duct endcap does need to be printed with support, everything else will print regularily.
Extruder_Carriage_3_0_b.stl (900 KB)
Extruder_Mount_1_Blower_Duct_Return_1_0_a.stl (156 KB)
Extruder_Mount_1_Blower_duct_3_0_b.stl (459 KB)