This is a follow up on this topic: https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/adjustable-heat-bed-glass-mount/38/1
I’m having a new problem tonight with the left side of the X axis not moving as it should. If I send a move command of the Z axis in Pronterface, the motor end of the X axis will sometimes jam, even if the Z motor and the leadscrew turn as they should.
The result is quickly something like this:
I then have to disable the motors, and turn one of the leadscrews by hand to level the x axis. I then try to move the z axis again, and it will be fine for 10mm of travel, and on the next 10 the left side will jam again. Or after 10mm of travel, the left side might have traveled 7 or 8mm, or not at all.
Some things I’ve done before and after noticing this problem:
- Tightening a screw on the upper pillow block bushing after I found it was at least 1/32" loose.
- Tightening the 4 screws that hold the x-end-motor and the x-clamp because the rear x axis smooth rod appeared not perfectly sandwiched. Thinking I had overtightened them and that was the source of this new problem, I loosened them again, with no change.
- I added a little general purpose grease on the leadscrews to try helping the brass nuts, no change.
- I noticed the right lower Z motor mount was not centered. If was off by 1/4" toward the front of the frame, which would make the whole X assembly crooked (not square). So I centered it.
From what I can see, the brass nut is very tight in the plastic and the leadscrew does not move freely. I shot a video to explain it (please be lenient with my accent):
I’m hoping you guys have ideas. I’m not a tinkerer/troubleshooter, and I’m really getting depressed with this.