I have a TAZ 4 that’s upgraded to a TAZ 5.
A week after I originally bought my TAZ I had an issue the where Z axis drive screws would get out of sync and I have seen other posts about this issue with no real resolution.
I of course called Lulzbot and after a few things tested their “resolution” was to back off the 3 screws that hold the nut in place and just leave them very loose. Well it seemed to work as the problem ceased but it does not seem like the “right” way to fix the issue.
Today I pulled my machine apart to add new bearings (ones I have been testing on the X axis for almost 6 months) and at the same time tighten up loose screws, belts and just generally do a bit of maintenance on the printer.
Well, when I got the printing out (it was in an enclosure) I noticed that there was only 1 screw left in the Z axis nut (see photo) apparently the others fell out from being loose.
So I put them back in and I decided to go ahead and tighten them down like they really should be. Made sure everything was very level and setup the Z axis perfectly.
First print work flawlessly up to about 10mm high (the first 10mm looked better than my prints have in years) then the 2 Z axis motors got out of sync and jammed (next 10 layers printed on the same layer and made my 20mm test cube look like a mushroom).
So, I am looking for a resolution to this issue that does not include leaving the screws loose.