Catastrophic Print Failure with ABS

My TAZ6 is printing as shown below in the picture. The printing settings are:
Material: ABS
Printing temperature: 240
Plate temperature: 110
Probe Temperature: 170
Initial Printing Temperature: 230
Print Speed: 60mm/sec

What toolhead? If you’re using one of the abrasion-resistant nozzles, you should probably be up about 250-255c w/ABS.

Are you using gluestick? I’ve aways had better luck w/ABS and gluestick on the PEI buildsheet.

They look a little overextruded, is your ABS 3.0mm or 2.85mm? It’s a significant difference in volume.

What does the bottom of the first layer look like on all the parts?

Is the first layer consistent across all 6? if not the bed autoleveling may not have been successful and the failed section was just a little too high.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have printed with ABS before with this printer and it worked fine. I updated the firmware and set it to high detail mode to ensure a better print, but this has been happening consistently for a few prints now.

The bottom layer is consistent on most parts. The ABS is 3mm but I found that the setting is 2.85mm, I will correct that.

The parts are adhering to the bed, so I am unsure if the gluestick will benefit in that regard.

The fan speed is 50%, not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Fan @ 50% would probably reduce layer adhesion a bit, but I doubt it would lead to spaghetti.

Now, a little overextrusion with not-quite-good-enough bed adhesion is a recipe for the nozzle ripping a part off. Overextrusion on the first layer for skinny stuff makes a little elephant foot, but on something with significant surface area, it has to go up, not out, and tends to lead to warping or a rough texture that catches the nozzle after a few layers. Usually not the first 1-2 layers, since the nozzle is moving slow enough to melt through those peaks, but that overextrusion adds up each layer until a fast-moving nozzle can’t melt and catches instead.