I just started to experiment with 3D printing on my brand new Mini and wanted to know if multi-color printing with a manual filament change was feasable. I found the Pause at height plugin in Cura, but although it worked somewhat, I started hacking up my personal version to cater for my needs.
Maybe it’s of use to anyone, so I thought I’d share it with the community.
Changes from Pause at height:
- Pause before Cura Layer number instead of Z height mm.
- Insert Layer comment after pause, this solves some glitches with gcode viewers (e.g. octoprint)
- Set resume layer speed factor, might improve adhesion after filament change
- Set resume layer extrusion factor for new layer, same reason
- Set resume layer fan speed, same reason (100% is profile max fan speed)
(Any resume layer factor change is valid for the entire layer and gets reset for the next one)
- Fix absolute extrusion problems (unwanted retracts) when extruding during pause
- A lot of (commented) debug statements lying around the code
- Not tested for one at a time prints!
- Cura renders 1st layer after pause extremely bad, but it doesn’t affect print quality.
- I’m not planning on supporting this code, just sharing it as is
Download, unzip, save in ~/.cura/plugins and enjoy.
pauseAtL.zip (2.38 KB)