I am trying to install Cura-Lulzbot 3.2.21 on Ubuntu 20.04 (actually Pop! OS 20.04 but also tried on Ubuntu 20.04, 18.04 and KDE Neon) and the installer requires older versions of packages.
The dependencies I encountered were
- libgl1-mesa-glx (just wasn’t installed)
- libquadmath0 (wasn’t installed)
- libssl1.0.2 or libssl1.0.0 (libssl1.1 in repositories)
- libtinfo5 (libtinfo6 available)
- libreadline6 or libreadline7 (libreadline8 available)
- libgfortran3 (libgfortran5 available)
To Lulzbot’s credit the installer does list only up to Disco (19.04) and does not have Focal (20.04) listed. I don’t have the libraries listed missing for 18.04 (Bionic) which IS listed for the installer.
The only thing I haven’t done yet is to try 18.04.00 or download the libraries manually.
Fedora has it right. They have it in their package so you just
sudo dnf install cura-lulzbot to install it.
I think using a flatpak or snap would solve a lot of issues here because it would contain the EXACT version needed and not care what is in the repositories. Of course that’s easy for me to say, I don’t know how to package these.