Exception code: 0xc0000005

Cura keeps crashing mid print. This is the error that Event viewer shows.
Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00003613 Faulting process id: 0x228c

Probably one of the most famous Windows errors, documented as an ‘access violation’. Either Cura, or the controller board in your printer, or the USB cable, or some other piece of software that Cura relies on is not happy. The trouble is, there are so many “possible solutions” that it is difficult to give you one answer.

If you’re desperate to print, maybe try saving the gcode print file to an SD card and get the printer to do it itself, taking Cura out of the loop.

Unfortunately you’re now into the world of fault finding, which can be a big rabbit hole to go down.

Things to try would be reinstalling Cura and printing from a different user account on your machine, if that’s possible. Sounds brutal, but sometimes it can be the easiest way out of these situations. Depends on how much time you have spare to go fault finding.

Also, Event Viewer may also give hints as to the problem, sometimes referencing things like “QT5QML” for example.

Unfortunally the Lulzbot Mini V1 does not have the ability to use a SD card. I do not have a screen to access anything. But after a lot more searching it pointed me toward the video card drivers. Well, installed the very newest I could find for my video card and have not had a problem since, fingers crossed it keeps it up!

Delete the Cura folders under %appdata% and %localappdata%. Reinstall.

1 Like