Filament not sticking

To start with my Lulzbot printing experience is about 5 hours total. So I started a project with TRONXY-PLA 1.75 Green purple. I thought this color would be good for a owl, well everything went fine for about an hour. I thought the Z height was low. Heard rubbing sound going across the print. I left the area for two hours, surprise NEVER leave a print without checking on it in some way. I think I now have a BLOB of filament welded to the to the extruder. I have submitted pictures for submittal to see if this is any record attachment to a NEW Extruder! So bed attachment is the issue, what recommendations do you suggest for the next print, once I buy a new SK 175 extruder?

First check the temperatures , speeds & other settings then wash the bed ,then see if you neee a new build sheet then if needed add brims & supports then check the toolhead

This was my first item without a brim. Everytime I clean with alcohol before I hit the start button. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

What tool do I buy to replace the sk175 it is not on your website?

H175 also you should get a Noclogger.com
Well worth while for instance if your doing pla set the toolhead to 240•c & push it through really excellent tool

I know it’s a bit late, but if your first layer is doing that waves thing, or scraping the bed. STOP THE PRINT.

As for the toolhead, it’s probably fairly easy to fix, but usually the wires for the thermistor and/or heater cartridge get torn out in the initial failure, or while cleaning off the old plastic. If they’re damaged already, you can’t heat the toolhead to aid in removal, and heatguns can damage the wires to the motor and fans. I recommend getting a soldering pen with a tip you don’t care about, setting it for about 220c and just removing chunks of that blob with it. It’ll take a while, but it’s not hard. Once you get the bulk off, you’ll eventually get to where you can replace the thermistor and heater cartridge. If you can get them out by applying heat to the heater block with the soldering pen and removing the set screws and pushing the thermistor and heater cartridge out, you can get new ones in, then heat the block internally. Set it for about 220c and scrape away with wooden (NOT METAL) toothpicks and small popsicle sticks to get the what’s left off. Print up a new part cooling duct and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Thank you, I will start the cleanup project after the new year.

1 Like