First Layer

So below is an image of my first layer. The perimeter prints pretty clean but the infill is rough. Any tips on how to fix this? I assume this is over extrusion. Also this is a Taz 4 printing in PLA

Need more info…

Doesn’t look that bad from the picture…?? what does the finished product look like, does it affect the outer surfaces? who care’s if the infill is rough.

Well the problem is so parts are raised a bit on smaller parts so when the nozzle passes by it hits it and causes the next layers to get messed up too

EDIT: after raising the extruder a little from the bed and changing extrusion multiplier it seems to be a bit better. We will see…

If you’re getting lumps like you’re describing it’s over extruding, you need to recalibrate your extruder for each roll you use :slight_smile:…can use the multiplier but best thing to do is recalibrate…

I just moved back home being the school year is over so I had to set up my printer again and every time I do this I always calibrate my e-steps. The only problem is I never get a consistent extrusion distance

Are you talking about the strings from the nozzle movements? Could be that your initial layer temp is too high for the filament. Try a few degrees lower.