Ok, so I got my new hot end in, everything works great there, now I’m trying to get my AO-100 the rest of the way working… but the bed either doesn’t want to level or doesn’t want to stick in some places. Also there’s a grinding noise when the z tries to lift at the beginning of the print, which I think is related.
I’ve created a video, and uploaded to youtube… if you know what the grinding noise is or why I can’t get the extrusion to stick to the bed in certain places, please let me know. Thanks.
Here’s the details:
- I leveled the bed as best as I can by hand (while everything was hot).
- The z height seems to change every time I start a new print, so I have to constantly re-set the z-height screw.
- I’m using heated glass with a fairly thick coating of hair spray across the whole thing… seems to stick well in most places, but there’s a few it just refuses to stick.
- Printing 3mm ABS with a .35 nozzle at 230 deg C.
- Using Slic3r and Pronterface on Mavericks.