Hexagon Hotend with 0.5mm nozzle - Taz 5

Hi guys,

In order to speed my big prints I want to put a 0.5mm nozzle on my lulzbot tax 5.

I bought a new hexagon hotend set from reprapdiscount.

But I’m 99% sure that they ship with different Heater (they ship with a 12V, I think lulzbot uses 24V) and Thermistor (they ship with a EPCOS).

There is no mention on the thermistor and heater cartridge on the BOM, I guess it is because it ships with the hotness already, so does anybody know the source and some links to buy them?

According to the firmware the thermistor is a TC Semitec 104GT-2, is that right?

I ordered the Lulzbot version of the Hexagon AO off of Amazon. You can choose between the 24V and 12V heater, as well as 1.75 or 3.0 mm variants. It comes with a 0.4 mm nozzle. It also comes with a 12V fan, which if you have a Taz 5 won’t work directly (recommend ordering the 5V micro blower from Lulzbot).

Here is what it looks like:

I also ordered a 0.3 mm and 0.5 mm nozzle:

You can try and send that 12V version back and order the 24V version (even better, get the Aleph Objects version pictured above). If you can’t, you may try this heater for only $4.50:

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/hot-ends/hot-end-parts/24v-40w-ceramic-heater-cartridge-for-hot-ends.html

I am looking to order extruder nozzles for TAZ5. I cant find any on ebay or Amazon.ca
Where is the best place to buy nozzles ? I am based in Canada.

Thanks in advance