It’s a stock Taz4, so I’m printing onto the PET sheet. I’m also applying a liberal amount of Lulzjuice. Odd timing… this morning I was thinking that I should try reducing the amount of Lulzjuice I use. I started using Lulzjuice b/c the second print I tried to make ended up detaching from the plate half way through the printing. I tried a second time and it too detached (I wasn’t printing with a brim), so I started to use Lulzjuice with my prints.
I think I’ll try 1) using acetone to remove most of the leftover Lulzjuice off the plate, 2) try printing with just a very light amount of ABS and Lulzjuice and experiment a bit.
I haven’t decided to make the switch yet, but I’ve been reading through the forum, trying to pick up tips, and it looks like a lot of people are having great results with removing the PET film and applying a sheet of PEI. I haven’t decided to do this yet (I’m still getting my feet wet) but it looks promising.
Before reading the posts in this forum about PEI, I was thinking about buying a PRINTinZ flex plate from AdaFruit, but they are pricey ($110), so between PEI and a PRINTinZ flex plate, I’m going to try PEI first.
Oh, also, as I originally mentioned, I had a printed piece which seemed to be stuck to the print bed. I ended up taking the clam knife, dipping the blade in pure acetone (no ABS), and using the edge of the bade to trace the edges of the object on the heat plate. I then (gently) used the clam knife to slowly wedge itself between the print and the plate, and then slowly twisted the knife (trying to not chip away at the print, and not damage the PET tape either), and I eventually pried the piece off.