I Need Advice on Calibration Issues with LulzBot TAZ 6

Hello guys… :wave:

I’m having some trouble with my LulzBot TAZ 6 and was hoping someone might have some advice or suggestions.

I’ve been experiencing calibration issues lately. Despite following the standard procedures for bed leveling and calibration, my prints are coming out uneven, and the first layer adhesion seems inconsistent. I’ve checked the bed for level and cleaned it thoroughly, but the problems persist.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the nozzle seems to be too close to the bed in some areas and too far in others, even though I’m using the auto bed leveling feature. I’m not sure if this is a problem with the auto bed leveling sensor or if something else might be causing the issue.

I also check this: https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/lulzbot-taz-6-wiping-nozzle-over-z-min-switchsnowflake But I have not found any solution. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their TAZ 6? If so, how did you resolve them? Are there any specific troubleshooting steps you’d recommend, or is there a particular part that might need adjustment or replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Respected community member! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s almost always contamination on the nozzle with what you’re seeing.

If the nozzle ever visibly pushes the bed down at all when touching a corner, your leveling is bad.

PLA tends to stick to the wipe pad and redeposits on the nozzle. It interferes with the electrical connection. On the first corner, it generally gets squished down and then contact is made. Second corner, it interferes less, and by the third corner, it’s generally been squished from the contact points. So the system sees the first corner very low, second, a little low, third about right, and fourth also about right. If you compensate with adjusting the Z offset to get the middle to work, your actual Z distance to the bed will be off the further you get from the sweet spot.