Linux install of Cura LE

I’ve been trying to install Cura LE for awhile without success on Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.10, and Debian 10.

The precompiled debs rely on deprecated packages like libgfortran3, libssl1.0.0, … or are linked against some non-standard glibc for that distro which they are targeted.

I tried grabbing an older version of Cura LE but the mirrors seem to be down or non-existent anymore: http://download.alephobjects.com/ao/aodeb/dists/

Building Cura LE from source also seems hilariously complex, so I don’t want to go down that path yet.

Are there any known working platforms/distros with the latest builds or older versions of Cura LE available anywhere?

-T

Same problem here. Never receive any answer on similar thread here Lulzbot Cura download links broken and alephobjects.com appears to be down

For information, I was able to have Cura Lulzbot Edition 3.6.21 on Linux by installing Fedora 31 instead of Ubuntu. Just launch command line “dnf install cura-lulzbot” once installed.

Experiencing the same issue. If anyone has a solution it would help a lot of us.

I ran into the same issue. PopOS (Ubuntu) 20.04.

An older version of Ubuntu would probably work, but who wants to go down that path.

Since I am modding my Lulzbot mini to have a Prusa Mini bed plate I don’t need to use Lulzbot’s crappy skinned version anyway. My printer no longer had nozzle wiping and currently has no bed leveling washers. Eventually i will mod to have a pinda probe with the flexible metal build plate.

I have switched to Ultimaker’s Cura instead. It works sooooo much better than lulzbot’s version AND is in ONE nice up to date linux package.