LulzBot Reboot?

Thanks @kcchen_00 and @TheVirtualTim

Another question, has anyone tried to open a support ticket i’ve sent an email too them about my v3 blowing microfuse when exturder1 is heated up. However, i’m going on 3 weeks with no response. Is support non existent now?

All I want is support to help me figure out the why i’ve had this damn extruder for 90 days and not a single successful print.

It takes a long time to get responses via the official support system. I sure hope this is just temporary until LulzBot finishes their move to Fargo.

So … unofficially, there is a “LulzBot TAZ & Mini” group on Facebook and if you post there you will probably get an answer quicker (especially if the issue is trivial.)

The Facebook group isn’t an “official” LulzBot support channel (it isn’t even run by LulzBot). But there are some LulzBot employees who hang there and they are very nice.

2 Likes

I purchased a TAZ 5 for exactly the same reason. It’s supposed to be modifiable. Every time I asked questions about modifications I got smart comments about burning my house down. I am a CompTIA computer tech. This ain’t brain surgery. For almost 3 years I have been talking to Lulzbot about medical modifications and bioprinting and all I got was “we can’t do that we will get sued.” or something to that effect. Unfortunately this is the kind of thinking that kills business. I finally gave up and am replacing the Rambo Board plus adding auto leveling. It was like pulling teeth to get the pages instructing me how to do it. Yes, we all need instructions, not road blocks because sure we are idiots aren’t we? NOT. FAME won’t be able to keep the Lulzbot printers going for long in my opinion. I think they will be gone by July based on my experience with small business. I have had a couple.

Oh damn. I was about to post asking why I wasn’t getting a reply to support, and if I could just buy the AeroStruder hot end replacement part… buuuut when I registered for the forum, I found this.

Well, good to know, but sad to see!

Someone that archived the OHAI and other stuff, how about making a torrent out of the archive? I’d hate to rely on having to download the entire site for each person, and having a torrent would mean it lasts forever… at least as long as someone keeps it running :wink:

It’s still up. They got bought out and are in the process of moving their manufacturing. I’m confident they will come back, but not sure when or to what extent.

So not closing… but moving (and hiring). So they’re in a bit of a lull while they take care of that because it’s my understanding that they’re currently working on a very thin amount of staff.

And you can modify/repair your own printer. All the documentation is online. The stuff Aleph Objects (LulzBot) has traditionally been hosting is being (or has been) moved to a new site, but occasionally some stuff is missing. SO… in the meantime, Chris Hansen over on the Facebook LulzBot Mini & TAZ forum (unofficial forum … not run by Aleph Objects or FAME3D) has all been archived and you can search those archives if you aren’t finding what you need on the normal sites.

You can find the links here:

One other thing… if the replacement part is a sub-component of something that LulzBot sources but does not build themselves (such as the E3D-Online printer heads … like the Titan Aero) then you may have to go to E3D-Online to get those parts (because LulzBot effectively just buys the print head assembly but then builds up the rest of it (the cooling fan, wiring harnesses, mounting assembly, etc.) to fit their printers.

1 Like

Hello, I tried to backup to my ubuntu server using the terminal commands that pehjota linked above, but for some reason it is giving me time out errors. Did I just do something wrong, and if so is there another way to back up everything? Thanks, Ben

That would be because we have stopped using aleph objects links, if you are looking for something in particular let me know and ill see if I can find it. We still want to support most things, it will take some time though.