Printer home position changing when trying multiple prints

We have been asked to print face shield parts for the Coronavirus response and I have 5 Taz6’s running the Prusa supplied .stl. The first issue is Cura will only fit one part on the build plate, it seems to be giving the part a border which doesn’t allow me to add the 2nd part and configure them on the plate. I can’t figure it out so I switched over to S3D which works fine.

The biggest issue I am getting is that I can’t get a reliable production run going. The machines will print the parts fine, which is around a 7hr print, then I come back in and remove the part, clean the bed, and try to print the file again. The machines go through cleaning and leveling almost an inch above the bed. If I shut the machines all the way off and then restart them sometimes it will work, but it seems to take 2 restart cycles to get it to start in the right position.

Four of the printers work fine after the multiple resets, with the other two, the z offset keeps changing on me. One drives the nozzle into the bed which just ruined a PEI sheet, and the other is too high. Adjusting the z offset doesn’t move the head so I have given up on those machines.

We are running the newest firmware and Cura, and the 4.1 S3d. I have given up on cura because of the fitment issue and it constantly crashes when trying to slice the parts.

One machine is 3.5 years old and the others are 1.5. I have done 24/7 runs on the first machine multiple times for a week at a time without any issues, and it seems like in the last 3 months they are all acting up.

Any advice is appreciated.