I ordered a lulzbot mini after every review I saw told of how it works ‘out of the box’.
Unfortunately that hasn’t been my experience
The problem I am having is my layers are coming out offset on the y-axis, resulting in a tilted object. It appears to be mainly on the first 10 to 15 layers, the rocktopus looked okay except at the bottom. I figured it may be from a bit of dust settling after sitting in Australian Customs for 2 weeks.
But even after cleaning and checking all belts etc, it’s still doing it. On my old MendelMax 1.5 I would just up the current on the driver and it seems to fix it, but obviously I shouldn’t have to do that on the mini.
The y-axis squeaks quite a bit and is not smooth to push along manually. It is quite jerky. I tried some WD40, but then discovered apparently the bushings are self lubricating. It didn’t work anyway, so I cleaned it off.
Anyway if anyone could help I would be grateful, as the main reason I bought the mini was due to all the issues I had with my self-built reprap.
Also, returning the printer isn’t really an option as I had a really hard time getting it imported to Australia and it would be a nightmare going through the process over again.