I have a slightly modified Taz 5 (larger fan) that is having extruder issues.
The Problem: Hot end stops extruding mid print causing a failed print (Please see pictures) http://m.imgur.com/a/5qYfI
Picutured: Esun PLA+ printed at 220
Also Tried: Hatchbox PLA printed at 205 & 210. Argos PLA printed at 205.
Attempts to find a fix:
- Updated cooling fan from tiny centrifugal fan 5v to larger fan for hot end.
- Retuned PID controller for hot end adjusting K values.
- Removed .35mm nozzle and replaced with .5mm brand new nozzle.
- Printed at various retraction values starting at 1.5mm going down to 1mm.
- Triple checked distance between nozzle and print bed to eliminate back pressure.
After all of this I am still not able to complete a full print!! So frustrating.
I am going to try an switch out the thermocouple tonight to see if its a bad one but otherwise I think Im outta luck