I have a TAZ 5, and in spite of every setting we have tried, when it comes to the point where it must retract a little, it retracts so much that it looses the grip on the filament.
The following have been done so far:
I have narrowed down the problem to one of retracting the filament too far, and then not being able to advance the filament and/or the tension between the idler wheel and the hobbed bolt, but nothing seems to help.
- Disabled retraction in the CURA software, including Basic Tab, Advanced Tab, Expert Settings.
- Cleaned the hobbed bolt, and the rest of the gearing mechanism.
- Blew out all debris with compressed air, and vacuumed out all debris.
- Adjusted the tension between the idler wheel and the hobbed bolt from virtually no tension at all to filament grinding and every tension in between.
- Adjusted all settings that MIGHT have something to do with this, including Move Speed, Fill %, Bed Temperature, Hot End Temperature, EVERY RETRACTION SETTING I could find, including “Don’t retract for Xmm”. I set this to 100mm, and it STILL retracts.