Taz 6 goes "pop!" and extruder temperature error

About 18 minutes into a print with temperatures set at 265c and especially when I use Nylon X, I hear a loud “Pop!” that sounds like a circuit breaker going off. The machine immediately reads, something like, ‘nozzle temperature error’ on the screen, and the nozzle temperature setting is immediately at 0 while the nozzle temperature reading slowly cools down until the nozzle gets glued to the unfinished project from hardened plastic causing the machine to stop in its tracks. I can switch off the machine and then switch it on, and start all over again from the beginning with the same result to repeat. It will do the same if I pre-heat the nozzle to 265c for around 10-15 minutes for the purpose of changing material before a new print.
Manufactured Oct 2016 with very few hours on it.

I have printed the same exact file and material on other Taz 6 machines with absolutely NO ISSUE, and those machines never do this when I leave the extruder heating at 265c for 15-30 minutes.

HELP! What could it be?

Sounds like a bad board. But I am shooting from the hip. Make sure the fan is turning and getting air in through the case?

Very seriously doubt it’s a ‘bad board’. Far-far greater chance, it’s a ‘bad operator’.

Printed all day and night yesterday with a different configuration of my print profile, having changed several settings and the temperature set at 262c. No problems…This is a likely indication that it isn’t a weak or damaged breaker or sensor. Will bump up the temperature to 267c on the new print profile in my next experiment. I’m thinking that I had originally manipulated a couple of incompatible settings that resulted in the undesired behavior. I wish I had written down those settings. I am such a newbie at this, but learning fast in the school of hard knocks.

Any tips or advice still appreciated.
Especially expertise in printing strong mechanical parts with Nylon X by MatterHackers or other Carbon or Fiberglass infused Nylon materials.

Yeah, I think you are way off the mark. I have entered in very bad data at very high temps and never had anything remotely like what you are experiencing.

PS. Roughly 1/3rd of what I print is carbon fiber or glass, various filler but mostly nylon 6. Another 1/3rd is PC. The rest is PTEG, High Temp PLA, TPU. So nothing is “low temp.” Most print with PLA settings but the speeds very.

Reason for Pop;
I switched outlet from bathroom protected outlet to an unprotected outlet. The pop stopped.

Then, everything was fine for dozens of hours.

Then the temperature wouldn’t keep up with the setting, at first by a few degrees, then by ten. A few hours later, it quit with “Temp Error” on the screen. The diagnostics were simple, and I found them on the Lulzbot website, as well as here. I replaced the thermister bead and the heater in the hexagon head. Printed a couple long pieces, and all is fine.!!!

Fantastic printer! Since my fix, dozens and dozens of large NylonX parts and no issues what so ever!
Every single issue with the used printer I bought was resolved, and was so incredibly simple to address with resources from the Lulzbot website…
Nearly every single problem was operator error…And I think I was responsible for blowing out the thermister and extruder heater while I was trying to figure out how to print high temp materials.