Taz 6 - Random Retracting After Firmware Update

This just enforces my suggestion that a document needs to be created that documents the parameters to be used for each tool head. I have created Start Gcode commands for each of the tool heads I own for my TAZ 6 and this firmware update obsoletes many of those changes.

For example, I have to override the PID values for my M175V2 tool head because the supplied values in the Universal Firmware cause my tool head to fail in the supplied Start Gcode. Each of my Standard Extruder V2.1 tool heads (I have 4 with different nozzle diameters) has a different E-steps value so to use the Universal Firmware, I have to override the default value supplied in that firmware and I do so in the Start Gcode.

I suggest a separate document because not everyone will be comfortable with rummaging through the Marlin source files to find the needed information. For inspiration, here is a copy of the master document I’m maintaining:

TAZ_6_Tool_Head_Calibrations.gcode (2.4 KB)

There are probably other parameters that should be included but I haven’t discovered them yet.

3 Likes