Taz 6 skipping commands at end of gcode files

Hey all,

I’m messing around with moving the auto bed leveling step to a separate gcode file (to be run before printing), and I’m running into an issue where commands at the end of the file are not being run. The number of commands skipped seems to vary.

This is a bit of gcode displaying the issue when run from an sdcard:

G21                          ; set units to Millimetres

M109 S150                    ; soften filament for retraction

G90                          ; Abs positioning
G92 E0                       ; set extruder abs position to 0

G28                          ; Home

; Steps that are visibly being skipped
G1 F500 X0 Y280              ; Move to top left corner
G1 F75 E-5.0                 ; Retract filament
G1 F75 E0.0                  ; Extrude filament back into nozzle

This code is the same, but with some random filler commands appended. The steps that were skipped before are executed, but some new ones at the end are being skipped.

G21                          ; set units to Millimetres

M109 S150                    ; soften filament for retraction

G90                          ; Abs positioning
G92 E0                       ; set extruder abs position to 0

G28                          ; Home
G1 F500 X0 Y280              ; Move to top left corner

; These steps are no longer being skipped... Usually.
G1 F75 E-5.0                 ; Retract filament
G1 F75 E0.0                  ; Extrude filament back into nozzle

; Filler
G1 F500 X10
G1 F500 X0
G1 F500 Y270
G1 F500 Y280

I originally noticed this with longer files (50 lines). I haven’t tested beyond that length, but the default code appended by Cura seems to run all the way through.

I updated the printer’s firmware to the latest (1.0.2.19) while trying to find the issues. No change. I’m using the SD card that came with the printer, and the whole thing arrived in the mail yesterday.

Has anybody else seen this?

Have you tried running each line one at a time from the command line in Cura? Just a thought.

They all work just fine from there!

Side note: is there a way to send custom gcode files through Cura without printing something? I couldn’t find the option.

Does this only happens when you run the gcode from the SD card or also when you execute it with a host software like Pronterface (or Cura, if it allows you to do this)?

I haven’t found that option in Cura, and I can’t easily try out other software at the moment. But sending the individual commands, one line at a time, through Cura works just fine.