Taz5 leadscrew question

One of my taz5s had a bad tumble and bent up the lead screw. I ordered another one its the same length but the end by the stepper is machined different. They say this works with both the taz6 and 5. I would think you would need a different bottom bracket. With the new one the stepper would below the frame and the coupler wouldnt fit. All my taz5s have the same old style. Has anyone else come into this perdicament? The black one is an old one silver is new.

It is the wrong one, or was machined to the wrong specs. Looks like the amount the threaded length and shaft are the wrong values for the one ypu are looking for. There use to be a drawing for them on the old site, that gave the machine cut specs for making them.

Lulzbot got back to me. Said they are correct but things need to be moved around. Hmmm the screw portion is 8mm longer so thay pushes the bottom bracket down so the stepper would be below the frame. Then the two shafts hardly meet up for the coupler in the original bracket also. Maybe im missing somethin.

Anyway i redesigned the bottom bracket and got it to work nicely. New problem even though its working i want the other side now also haha.

1 Like