Total redo of my taz5 had alot of time on my hands

I was home so I had alot of time. What better way then to print parts endlessly. I went a whole different route. I had a post of my previous setup but never liked how it looked. I added a bed mounted camera. I redid my 2020 rear. I moved the filament holder to the top. Never liked it in the back. I moved and added lights to my usb and fan hubs. I added a camera to my filament holder. I also added lights and a humidity sensor. I got my tablets working correctly. There both 10.1 in now. They now turn on and off with the printer and load there corresponding programs. I made new tool holders. I redid my rambo and ps covers. I added a new screen for raspberry pi. I cleaned up my wires. I added alot of storage. I obviously have a theme going on now. Everything is keyed and can be removed easily. Example raspberry screen moves up then you can remove the filament holder. The rear storage is removable to get to wires ect.

!

3 Likes

That’s amazing!
Well done.

Whoaaa, that’s pretty impressive. I especially like the hexagon bee like pattern. I made a similar pattern for some coasters and tool holder with my taz 5 as well.

very nice! are you going to post the files?

Sure if anyone is interested I have almost everything file wise. Unfortunately the box that holds the usb and fan hubs got corrupted. At least it happened with only 1 thing left to print. But it’s a simple design. Unfortunately I learned 123D and I’ve had recent issues. The only thing I have left to do is my stepper motor fan holders. I also have to finish the filament passthrough. I’m thinking of incorporating a run out sensor.

2 Likes

Finished my stepper fans. Red ABS prints orange oh well. Might have to redo my bed mounted camera. Seems to loosen up over time. It’s all friction fits. Then you get some pretty cool noises.

1 Like

Finished my pass thru of my polybox. Well it looks like the upgrades are complete for now. I do really like the view the camera gives

1 Like

Redid the bed camera loop. Added some nutsert and Allen’s plus some 3m double sided tape. Shouldn’t cause anymore noise. Now my problem is I have to come up with parts that arent for the printer.