I have been doing some upgrades. Some I havent found on the forum maybe they can give some ideas. Plus maybe some can throw some ideas my way.
- I wanted to quiet down the machine. I bought stepper dampeners. I have seen 80mm fan swaps. Well I thought Id go big and do a 120mm. I bought a Noctua 24v 120mm fan. Unfortunately its a PCM fan and only starts at 24v. I had to wire it so its on all the time. It is a bit quieter then the original 80 it does push an amazing about of air. Im not sure if I am pleased though its just not a drastic enough difference in sound. I guess I could put a speed controller on it.
- I added a PC tablet mount to the top of the machine. This is for bigger jobs that cant be accomplished thru printdroid. I also added to the left an android tablet. This is for touch screen controls and monitoring. I control printer on/off, printer light on/off. It monitors printer wattage, bed movement, humidity in storage containers, filament humidity with rolls Im printing with. I am happy with this upgrade.
- I was having PLA issues with humidity this summer. I built some storage boxes. I purchased a polybox. These have resolved my issues. I have printed solids enclosure so my printers foot print is large already. I didnt want the polybox just on the side taking up more room. I am building a stand to go over the rear enclosure out of 2020. I will also build a box to the left of the polybox for outlets, USB power outlets, raspberry pi.
- Cameras I monitor my printer via printdroid/octoprint via wifi or vpn. I wanted something fast and not have to be on the VPN I added two IP cameras. One for the Bed the second for filament. I will add a filament sensor to octoprint but I like to see the roll before it gets super low.
- Some things you really cant take pics of that are done. Automatic lights on via bed movement. Notifications of print done without the need to be on VPN or thru print droid/Octoprint.