Y-axis homing in the wrong direction

Good day all,

I have recently acquired a used mini and am having some issues. Right out of the box I was having issues with the y-axis limit switches not stopping the machine, I tested the wiring and the switches and all looked good. After still failing to cooperate, I reversed the min and max plugs on the board. They now seem to be working when I manually move the machine. Now the problem is with homing. When I try to home the machine the y-axis moves forward. Any idea what may be causing this.

Thank you,

Your y axis belt is routed the wrong way. Flipping the belt should resolve the issue. The assembly documentation will show you the correct routing . https://ohai.lulzbot.com/group/mini/

What version of firmware is your Mini running? Send command M115 and it will echo back the firmware version. Current default firmware for the Mini homes the Y-Axis to the front (Y-Max).

Also out of curiosity, where did you purchase your used Mini from?

Here is the output from the M115

M115
< FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 1.1.0.11 (Aleph Objects Inc.'s Phabricator) SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://code.alephobjects.com/diffusion/MARLIN PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:LulzBot Mini EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:351487b6-ca9a-4c1a-8765-d668b1da6585

Looks like it is working properly. The only issue I look to be haveing now is when I start a job the head sunk into the cleaning strip hard enough to cause the steppers to slip.

I got them from a local auction that deals with amazon returns. One of them had the PEI torn and the other is the one I’m dealing with now.

Thanks for the help.

No problem.

As far as the wiper issue is concerned, check your start/end g-code to make sure the wipe sequence is correct. Might try reloading a profile (.ini) from: http://download.lulzbot.com/print-profiles/

Also checking belt tension and proper function of your Z-Max limit switch would be a good idea. The wipe sequence should be rather firm, let me know what you find, if anything.

Forgot to mention that the bottom chassis plate was bent. After stepping back and looking at it, it makes sense now why the head is crashing. I have a new one on order. Hopefully it will remediate the problem.