This was put on hold for a bit due to personal issue my friend had to deal with. Tried reaching him when I saw your post, but he hasn’t replied. He’s got the extruders and hotends… I guess I could look into getting some extruders to finish mockng it up.
Just uploaded a preview of the project in the current state: DualTitan
Things to do:
- Determine best way to attach the fans to the extruder. Need to come up with a “dovetail” type interface…
- Holes to mount dual extruder tray and fan to toolhead mount. Probably just some openings to hold a M4 nut on the tray with corresponding openings on the mount.
- Need to figure out if a 20x20 or 40x40 fan will fit on the back side for heatsink cooling.
- Wire management
Pretty simple things, but I wanted to mock up what I had before moving further.
Alternative / Ambitious things to try:
- Make each stepper / extruder detachable for quick change of hotends (which can be dedicated to filament type). Really to keep from intermixing filaments and therefore reducing potential clogging. In the current configuration getting the cover off to replace the hotend would involve removing the blower and duct… worse if I try for the below item.
- Turn the extruders around to keep hotends close to the X-rods/openbeam. Based on experiences with the DualExtruder V2, this should increase stability of both hotends.