Anyone attempt to make a Javelin toolhead yet?

Sure what format do you need? I also didn’t draw it and there’s some on devel but I can provide mine if you want.

http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/accessories/javelin/production_parts/machined_parts/lower_bracket/

So being a super cnc noob and this was my first metal cut, I did 800mm/m on a 3/16 hss endmill, it ended up knocking the part from the clamps. I suppose the vibration loosened the bolts a bit. Then I got some carbide endmills and did the rest on a 5mm at 400mm/m. I clamped it super tight this time.

Made the guide tube holder but due to how far it sticks out, there’s a bit of tension from the second tube. Will need to redesign but so far so good! :slight_smile:

I can use dwg, dxf, pdf, most any 2d vector format. I’ll order some alum and a 1 flute carbine EM and give it a go on my machine. My main issue with milling metal on my router is I don’t have a good way to hold it down. I need to redo my spoilboard also.

Ahh, the delimma… I definitely need to convert from these misumi linear rods to the open rails setup first, then focus on the javelin toolhead…

For sure because the dual tool head is massive

Yeah… I’m not fond of two wade extruders on the X-carriage. Feeding the hotend wires through the center hole makes sense.

If the opening is 16mm, then it would easily fit the capacitance sensor (12mm) for auto-leveling.

It would be interesting to have the extruders on either side of the x-rods… could eliminate the need for adjustments to level the two nozzles.

Did the bed fingers today. Used Aluminum instead of the spec’d stainless steel.

Very nice. I need to do a set of these so my z-probe will clear.

Thanks! I took the mill apart last night, and fixed the horrible backlash. The round parts are actually round now :laughing:

Did you mill the holes first then secure the part using that hole? Then profile cut it?

I used permanent double sided tape to secure it to a piece of acrylic (too cheap to burn aluminum!), which was then placed on a 1/2 thick piece of aluminum, and then the acrylic and aluminum block is clamped to the table. So the only thing that held the aluminum work piece in place during the whole process, including facing, drilling, and profiling, was the tape

So it begins…
We’re likely going to make the printed parts in polycarbonate as well.

Looks great. Any pricing yet?

It looks like the chamfer is on the wrong side if you followed version 1 of their pdf like me. Looks great though. Is that laser cut or milled?

I was told it is aircraft grade stock milled to the 1.1 version of the PDF. It looks like last month they flipped the chamfer to the ‘correct’ side. :astonished:

Hello,
This is a mixture design of the old dual and the Javelin. All objects were altered to a degree, keeping the proper registrations for lowerBrackets, flexPlate, xCarriage mounts, and hexMount. The hexMount is the only stock object.

I use Inventor for most of my modeling now. I have spent a good many years with AutoCAD, Maya, 3ds before it was 3d max, and I love Blender, but, you will have to reverse engineer everything you modeled in all Previous programs except AutoCAD. Inventor is accurate and expensive. Solid works is not familiar to me.

Interpolated curves and cv curves with geometric dimensioning and tolerances are very important. Maybe not so much if you are a game forum hack, but if you have had a proper education in GDT YOU WOULD KNOW THIS. Non Uniform Rational B Splines and the good ole fashion OD AND ID are a good place to start if you really want to Model across entertainment or industrial CAD/CAM.

There are flaws in some of the objects on the DevSite. Non manifold geometry was found on more than one model.
And look for non perpendicular profiles on important components.

This extruder is working great!!!, and I put a more powerful fan for the rear extruder. At first the readings from the hotend were a little low, Heat creep is not a problem on this one!!!.

All parts were printed in ABS and polyCARBONATE. Anything over 12 MM height (PC)SEEMS TO PULL and contract with great strength if you are not heating the environment and atmosphere up to the glass transition temperature. You will need a strong bed adhesive, and truthfully that will not help without a second heater in the enclosure.

I am not a Troll, but I will not give away everything on my mind or give away all of the things that are creatively mine.
We have to make a living some how?Right?

The young man races to the water’s edge to beat the old man to a meal. The old man watches, but does not move a muscle. He knows there are crocodiles awaiting the young fool and he will be picked clean like the one before him.

Ideas are worth something. You need to protect them. As well, share the road to them.

That does look good. Interested in pricing for the aluminum as well.

@gremlinbot - that’s a great attitude towards openly sourced files… to each their own…

Our Javelin plates were made by someone else locally in a very small run for around $200 for the pair
I don’t know whether it’s worthwhile for them to do another small run at that price, or if that price could come down.
It’s probably a good idea to wait and see if some of the Lulzbot production run plates come up for sale.
If it doesn’t look like any will be available via Lulzbot, I’d be willing to check with some folks at the local makerspace to see if a small run could be done for a group buy.

Whoa. I can cut them on my CNC router if need be. And for much less than that.

Group buy!

Once I finish my open rails upgrade I’ll see what I can do.