Be careful using nail polish remover (+ ABS) for Lulzjuice

My question is whether or not I could use acetone nail polish remover with ABS cuts to make Lulzjuice (so the ABS prints stick to the PET tape/print bed)? Per our friend and LulzBot super user Charles Gantt: no!

However, one of the biggest things to avoid when making ABS juice is the use of fingernail polish remover that contains acetone, as it also contains extra mineral oils and other chemicals designed to hydrate the skin. This will leave an oily surface on your print bed, and will make it impossible for prints to stick. I like to use pure acetone, which can be found in quart sized cans for about $6 at any hardware store.

Source: > http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/6067/3d-printing-tips-and-tricks-how-to-make-abs-juice-to-help-your-3d-prints-better-stick/index.html

Here’s the full list of ingredients in the generic/store brand acetone nail polish remover I had laying around in the bathroom cabinet: acetone, water, propylene carbonate, dimethyl, glutarate, dimethyl succinate, dimethyl adipate, glycerin gelatin, fragrance, denatonium benzoate, d&c yellow no. 11.

Apparently some pure acetone nailpolish removers do exist, but they are rare. Lesson learned!

Has anyone experimented with nail polish remover and found different results? Seems like with the price, and availability, of acetone this shouldn’t be a problem, but in case anyone doesn’t have acetone and is impatient to get printing… Beware!

try to ask from shopkeeper for nail polish remover which doesn’t have acetone in it. Or, you can purchase online for nail polish remover
http://trulyfaircosmetics.co.uk/product-category/cheap-discounted-nail-varnish-uk/

My question is whether or not I could use acetone > nail polish > remover with ABS cuts to make Lulzjuice (so the ABS prints stick to the PET tape/print bed)? Per our friend and LulzBot super user Charles Gantt: no!

Yes you can use acetone nail polish remover but you have to take some precautions like how much quantity you use this remover because sometimes its very harsh which can give bad shape your nails ang your nails looks very rough,otherwise it is very good solvent…

Try getting straight acetone from your local hardware store. At least here in the North Wet portion of the U.S. it is generally available in the painting supplies in pint, quart, and gallon sizes. It is also usually cheaper that fingernail polish remover.

Did you use one containing acetone nail remover? There are some nail polish removing liquids available which are acetone free and very good for skin.

The Acetone is what eats the plastic. You need the plastic eaten to turn it into the goo that makes things stick to the bed better. An acetone free one while probably good for your hands, would not be usable for the purpose they end up being used for in 3d printing.