CAD STL export parameters

My cad software (Shark FX by Punch Software) gives me options when I export a 3d model to stl. Attached is a screenshot. Would there be any reason to change the parameters and, if so, what do you suggest? I love my Mini!
Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 10.37.39 PM.png

I’ve never even heard of that cad package. Those adjustments look like you can basically adjust the crispness of the resulting STL file, and turn a higher poly count model into a lower one. I wouldn’t think you would need to adjust them based on what they look to be allowing you to set, but usually you would adjust those things at the model level before exporting.

Is it an issue that the units are in inches, whereas the Mini (at least if he’s using Cura) is in mm?

I know that I need to change units to mm and I don’t have any specific issues. I’m just curious about the effects that changing the parameters would have. Shark is a 3D solids modeler that I have used for several years and love how easy it is to use. It started as a Mac program but there is also a Windows version. The company produces an inexpensive 3D program called ViaCad.