Errors in Cura status window

Thanks.

I’m using “Full Settings”
Some have been tweaked a tiny bit, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some of them make no sense!
The same settings work with anything else I’ve come across so far - e.g. the skirt01.stl from the same set mentioned above.

Basic Tab:
Layer Height: 0.18
Shell Thickness: 1.0
Enable Retraction - ticked
Bottom/top thickness: 0.9
Fill desnity : 10
Perimeters before infill - ticked
Print speed : 50
Printiing temp : 0 (set to 240 in print screen - using ABS)
Bed temp : 0 (set to 110 in print screen)
Support - touching
Platform adhesion - as above, tried all three
Filament Diameter : 2.85
Flow 100

Advanced Tab:
Nozzle size: 0.5
Speed: 10
Distance: 1
Initial layer thickness : 0.3
Initial Layer line width : 125
Cut-off object bottom : 0.0
Dual extrusion overlap : 0.15
Travel speed : 175
Bottom layer speed : 15
Infill speed : 40
Top/Bottom speed : 30
Outer shell speed : 30
Inner shell speed : 35
Minimal layer time : 20
Enable cooling fan - ticked

I downloaded the STL file and printed several layers w/o any issues :frowning:
Below is a screen shot of the settings I used. No raft or brim.
I stopped it after about 5 layers.

Sorry this isn’t very helpful to solve your problem.
Sounds like a call to the support team is in order.
t

I don’t see anything really odd about your settings (a screen shot might be easier to read in the future) but you shouldn’t need any bed adhesion beyond a small brim for this part on a PEI bed.

I would suggest using the quick print settings to see if you still get the same failure within a few layers. If that doesn’t work, suggest you contact customer support. If it does work, you could try tweaking just a couple settings at a time until you find which one is causing the problem.

Alternatively, you can save the gcode file and post it here so we can test your rig’s gcode and examine it for anything that looks odd.

Hope this helps,
t

Thanks very much for that. At least I know my settings aren’t completely off the mark.

It looks like I’ve resolved the issue (in my scenario at least).

I exported the gcode to provide it to you, and thought I’d have a look through it myself first.
It turns out that there was a plugin command embedded in there - TweakAtZ .

Sure enough, in the plugins tab, I had two loaded (TweakAtZ and one of the Pause ones) - and there were three instances of the Pause plugin created. I deleted the instances, then started the print again - same problem.

Closed and re-opened Cura, re-loaded the model, the instances were back.
Deleted the instances, exported the gcode - TweakAtZ still in the gcode file.

I ended up moving the plugin files from the plugin directory and restarting Cura, loading the stl, saving a new copy, reloading, checking the plugins tab (nothing) export the gcode - no tweakAtZ… and it’s now happily printing away!

So thanks for your pointers. The problem is not fully resolved - I don’t understand stl files fully yet, but it looks like the stl is pulling in the tweak plugin by itself (? maybe?) . But that’s one for later - it’s all going smoothly now :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Andy