I just stumbled across this problem myself, after a few other people using the printer had been having it for a while. I realise the problem now. It appears the weird end.gcode has crept into the nGen quickprint profiles for the TAZ 5, and since nGen is the default filament when you open Cura, if people forget to select the filament when slicing, they run in to this. I’ve just started printing with nGen again, so I’ve started to get the same problem.
While technically the Z-height of the printable area is 250, I’m guessing if the Z endstop is set to anything but the lowest possible value, a move to Z250 will result in the X axis hitting the top of the printer, at least it does on our machine. This invariably ends up in the two threaded rods getting out of sync and knocking the X axis out of alignment with the bed.
It seems to be a bad choice for profiles that should “just work”.
/usr/share/cura/resources/quickprint/lulzbot_profiles $ grep -lr Z250 *
This is with version 21.04-2228 of the package. In earlier version of the package (eg 19.12-00054) this end.gcode was only in the medium-quality and high-speed versions of the 0.5mm nozzle profiles. It has since begun to spread