Wanting to print faster but having the shakes and resulting horrible print quality finally got me motivated to fix my “WobbleTAZ5”. Any attempt to print faster than 60mm/s with acceleration higher than around 500 was ROFLYAO comical (well… except for the part where my print that should only take 2.5 hours needed 6 hours to complete at a decent quality level).
The right side Z-axis guide rod was very loose in the hole, so I added the 2 zip ties to keep it still and also removed both top bearings from the screws as shown here (eliminated 95% of the z-axis banding problem I had) as shown here: here
Probably the biggest problem of all was the massive amount of slop in the IGUS bearings on the 10mm shafts on both the X and Y axis. Z is also sloppy but because of the way it is loaded it isn’t causing enough of a problem for me to worry about it. I replaced the X and Y linear guide setup with hardened 10mm rods and linear bearings - completely eliminating the jumping around (literally) I was seeing with the print head at 1000+ acceleration. X-axis shown here
I am now printing at 120 to 150mm/s with acceleration set at 2400 with acceptable results. Knock on wood - not missing steps and extruder heat is keeping up with filament flow.
If anyone wants the STL files for my diagonal braces I will post them somewhere.