Issues printing with Ninjaflex

Hello!
I’ve been trying to get Ninjaflex to print on a Lulzbot Taz 6 printer, and while I believe the settings I have to the filament are all set, I’m having issues with the filament bunching up underneath the Idler and the hobbled bolt. I can see that it is feeding into the extruder/hot end for a few moments but then it gets stuck and I have to undo the tension and allow it to get unstuck, though that is obviously not an efficient process. How could I avoid/fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Like

The standard Single Extruder (not to be confused with the SE) is not designed for flexible filament.

For that, you can buy the SE Tool Head | 2.85 mm | Single Extruder | 0.5 mm or you can print up the body ( https://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/accessories/tool_heads/version_2/Flexystruder_v2/production_parts/printed_parts/flexystruder_body_v2.0_for_hexagon/flexystruder_body_hex_v2.0b.stl) and transfer over parts to convert your Single Extruder into a Flexystruder. Assembly instructions and details are on the LulzBot OHAI site - OHAI: Open Hardware Assembly Instructions

2 Likes

Generally from what I heard half the speed of pla should work so I would start at 15 mm/sec then work your way up