So I started porting the g28 and g29 commands from the development branch to the firmware that Lulzbot uses, but gave up on the first 3 hours… the default firmware is too old, I think it is based on 2013 code, porting only that portion would be an considerable effort.
So I went for option two, ported the lulzbot changes to the latest marlin firmware, it is not 100% yet… I still need to redo the sound part, the current marlin sound (when using the lcd) is annoying. I will remove the delay on the lcd screen that lulzbot added because it does not work well on the new firmware.
Things that I tested and it is working:
- ->Fans (both the controller and the cooling)
->Extrusion / Retraction
->X,Y and Z movements
->Bed leveling with the grid map
->And it is obviously printing
I did not test the eeprom storage of settings yet. I also had one problem where even setting the temperature using pronterface, the printer stopped after the g29 command waiting the temperature reach the correct temperature, I did not had the temperature set on cura, I’m still investigating what is happening there… I’ll try PID Tuning the extruder with the new firmware.
Note: This is not an official firmware that lulzbot supports, upgrade it at your own risk.
I forked the official marlin and I’m planing to keep the code up to date whenever a new feature is introduced on marlin.
The link of the forked branch is: https://github.com/vitormhenrique/Marlin
Use this lulzbot guide to upgrade your printer: https://ohai-kit.alephobjects.com/project/firmware-flashing/