layer offset problem

I successfully printed the rocktopus after setting up my Mini. Now I’m trying to print some other models but I’m having problems with the layers getting offset along the X-axis. In one case, the layers shifted back and forth as the model printed. In another, the layers shifted in the same direction the whole time, making the model look skewed.

The latter case makes me think the bed leveling process might have failed. During leveling, it reported the corners as -1.15, -.99, -1.15, and -.9. However, the plane normal it ultimately ends up with is (0, 0, 1), which seems correct.

Does anyone have suggestions about what might be causing this or how to fix it? Since I’m new to 3D printing, it’s probably something simple and easy, but I’m not sure where to start.

-Walker

Your belts may be loose, or part of the belt/pulley drive system. Either way, we’d prefer to exchange your printer if that’s the case. Prior to doing so, you’ll want to make sure you’re using our version of Cura, available here: http://LulzBot.com/Cura and using the normal quick print profile for your filament material of choice.

Which profile were you using? What material? Do you have a picture of the prints in question?

I’ve tried printing on normal and high quality mode using the version of Cura that came on the USB drive. I’m using 3mm green HIPS. I’ve tried printing several models, but the pictures I’m including are for this model: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:256213. As I said, each subsequent layer that was printed was shifted along the x-axis. On other prints I’ve done with this problem, the x drift has been back and forth instead of in a single direction, giving the model a wobbly appearance.

If you do suggest an exchange, what’s the process for doing that? Thanks!

Send an email to Support@LulzBot.com with the following information:

• Order number

• 3D printer serial number

• Contact information

• Shipping information

• Link to this thread

• Picture showing the axis shift.

Once we have that we can see what’s needed to get things printing well for you.

Thanks!