Lulzbot TAZ PRO pre-print cycling

Good afternoon, everyone,
I am now dealing with a new issue entirely. When I am attempting to start a print, it is cycling through the bed leveling, nozzle wiping, and axis leveling as normal. However, after leveling the Z axis, it states “rewiping nozzle” and goes through the cycle all over again, never startomg the print. In addition, it seems to “chatter” or otherwise not stay in the state it originally was, as it is now wiping about 1/4 off the wiping pad. I was reading that the bearings might be to blame on another post, could that be the case? Any other ideas?

It takes a LOT of printing, like several thousand hours of printing to wear out the IGUS linear bearings, especially to where they cause failure and not just print quality issues.

From the description, it sounds like your Y axis might be slipping. Loose belt, loose clamp under the bed, or loose grub screw on the Y axis gear are usually the problem. If not those, stepper motors and stepper drivers then start coming into question.

Some video of what it’s doing would help, but a few things:

Is it touching all four corners?

Does the print bed or print head visibly move when the nozzle and corners touch?

This pre print process is normal for lulzbots & is fine

Check the wiping pad - I’ve found that stock, the older style wiping pads are taller than the slot they go in. Nozzle will then dig into the pad and at times shift the print bed due to the drag/friction. When this occurs, the printer will generally miss the corner washers as well.

My fix - I trimmed the wiping pad so that’s now 1-2mm below the top of the wipe pad holder. Now nozzle just touches the pad, cleaning the nozzle without the excessive friction and grinding.

It looks like the newer wiping pads aren’t as dense as the older pads so they may not have this problem.

Wiping pads can be replaced but the wiping , washer level & the time for heating both is normal