SO I purchased some of their filament a month or so ago. Couple rolls of their maker series. Printed like a charm. Used it to print the OpenRC F1 car. No issues. Bought from “standard” inventory.
Ordered up some new material this past week, thought I’d give the ol’ grab bag a shot. All the site really says is that the color is not selectable, but the material and series are. So, I ordered a couple spools of the PLA maker series (same as before)
I struggled for DAYS to print a large object with the first spool. My adventure is in this thread: https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/pla-and-heat-creep-in-aerostruder/5962/1
Well, it turned out to be non of the issues described, but in fact, FAT filament. I (finally) measured the diameter, and the after multiple samples and averaging, I determined the the diameter was 2.95-3.0.
That “may” have worked in the original Taz 5 extruder, but it certainly does not work in the Aero, and stripped out multiple times.
So I contacted support, and they were very responsive. Admitted that sometime shit happens, and will replace it. Great, but since they seemed to indicate it was a fluke with THAT spool, I opened the second spool ordered. Different color, so clearly different run.
Well this time, measure first… 3.0 - 3.09 !!!
Needless to say, I wrote them back. I’ll let you know how it shakes out.
Well, that didn’t take long. Here is there response…
“Hey Peter, it’s very odd to see even one spool be out of spec like that, much less two. We recently did machine maintenance on our lines and had to spend quite a bit of time getting the 2.85mm back in acceptable variance. I’m going to talk with production and have them watch it for the next few weeks to make sure we aren’t experiencing a relapse with that issue. I also sent an expedite notice to shipping and they will have those replacement spools out first thing Monday morning.”