I used the moarstruder printing a prototype for an IPhone mounted scanning device and the result and speed was very good with clean prints.
Yesterday we printed a much bigger prototype for a client project and were quite shocked by the print issues.
We two days ago did many vase prints all with success with perfect surfaces which makes me not think that this is an alignment issue.
I used the default print settings with lultzbot cura.
We noticed that there were
1 layer misalignments
2 massive gabs between print layer start and end
3 Print lines not sticking to lower level or floating in space where in the cad model nothing should be printed
4 overall vertical layer quality ranging from smooth to rough which is not good and exceeds acceptable variations
Layer misalignment: ignore Elefant foot but notice the layer jiggle - the edges are straight vertical !
Star end gabs: plus pay attention to the overlay vertical layer quality - so many issues
Layers not sticking or printing where nothing is in the model - corners are convex round with an edge fillet:
We also tried to print a flat sheet vertical and stoped it after seeing the edges being a disaster:
Any insight would be great to hear what could have caused this.
The prints are borderline non usable for representation.