I’m having an issue during auto leveling where the nozzle won’t touch the first washer causing it to fail with a clean nozzle error. In the past all I’ve had to do was readjust the X-axis and ensure the nozzle was clean. Lately the Mini has started making whining noises and vibrating at the top of the Z-axis. It printed several times then had issues that releveling and cleaning fixed. Then I printed a few more jobs. At this point it decided enough was enough and no amount of cleaning or aligning the X-axis works anymore. I’ve tried and checked several things that I’ll list:
Things I’ve tried, multiple times for some:
- Greased threaded rods with lithium grease - this got rid of whine and vibration
- Leveling the X-axis per: https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/leveling-x-axis/maintenance-repairs/ - used digital calipers to ensure was close as possible
- Cleaning the nozzle thoroughly
- Checked resistance on nozzle, washers, and bed ground wire with a multimeter - all good
- Tightened ground screws and tightened bed washers
- Checked voltage on nozzle - in normal range
- Checked trigger state via M119 - no issues
- Opened the rambo box and checked wire connections to ensure everything was snug, I had issues with labels from wires getting into the fan before
- Upgraded and downgraded the firmware - currently using 220.127.116.11, tried 18.104.22.168 - not sure if any of the 2.0 firmware would help
- Different version of Cura LE 3.6.27-4, 3.6.25, 3.6.20
I have the stock single extruder and from what I can tell it’s stopping a few millimeters before touching the washer and erroring before going back into cleaning mode again. I checked the axis levels with M114 and manually lowered it to the washer and checked the position. When touching the washer it’s at Z -5.0 and triggers the Z-min (M119) lifting it up by 1 sets it to open again.
I’m at a loss on what to check next and help would be appreciated. I’ve searched everywhere and the most common answer is check X-axis which I’ve done. I’ve had my Mini 1 for several years now and it died in the middle of a multi print project. I hope I can get it working again soon. Thanks for any advice you can give.