Mini 1 - zero contact line problem

Diagnosing an inability to complete bed level sensing. Symptom - crashing into washers on bed, extra wipes to clean the nozzle, abort due to no contacts.

Hardware is a Mini v1 with aerostruder upgrade.

Continuity from wires on control board side to all washers and the plate itself OK.
Continuity from wires on control board side to aerostruder silver heatsink and “silver knob” OK
Continuity from wires on control board side to nozzle NONE
Continuity from wires on control board side to heatblock NONE
Continuity from heatsink/silver knob to nozzle/heatblock NONE

Suggestions on why there is no path from the heatsink (where the line is connected) to the hotend? Have not disassembled it yet.

Thanks!

Some links for anybody who comes looking for this info later.

I think this is the original print head and does not apply to the aerostruder.
https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/mini-aerostruder-hotend-replacement-workflow/drafts/

Some discussion you might find useful

Still haven’t solved my own problem, need to disassemble it and figure out why there’s no closed circuit from the nozzle to the sense wire. Pondering doing the nozzle swap to see if that fixes it, but I’m thinking not because the heatblock does not have continuity either. Maybe the heatbrake and block are not in good contact.

Issue resolved by disassembling hotend. The connection from heat brake to heat block was not good. We cleaned the threads and that seemed to fix it. Not the threads on the nozzle, the larger diameter ones.

Works fine now. Continuity testing was essential.

1 Like