Mini 2 Probing Error

Mini 2 Printer is having probing issues. I noticed when it was homing the four corners of the bed, it would make a loud grinding noise when it tried to touch the back point of the bed near the wiper pad. Upon closer observation, the nozzle was not touching the point but rather it was going right past it thinking the washer point was where it was trying to home.

How to manually level the Y-axis so that the nozzle properly homes each point?

Looking at the G-code it does home some of the points but not the back corner point. I inputed the G-code of [G28 S1] to see probing point. It could not accurately home the first point—it would essentially probe thin air causing the grinding noise of the top extruder head reaching the z-axis limit.

Y-axis code for the probe error says Y:1870 when probing. This cannot be correct I am presuming.

Any solutions will help.

Thanks

–Cicada

“loud grinding noise” often means the motor is trying to force the head to move beyond the travel limit.

I’m trying to visualize what you mean by

Upon closer observation, the nozzle was not touching the point but rather it was going right past it thinking the washer point was where it was trying to home.

The nozzle should be above the washer … not over the center of the washer, but slightly off to whichever side is retaining the glass bed. In other words, if it were the lower-left corner bed washer, the nozzle would probe it over the upper-right side of the washer (basically the side of the washer which is pressing on the glass.)

So when you mention it was “going right past it” … the nozzle should have to HIT the washer. Are you saying it misses the washer and hits some location out in space? If yes, then this might suggest the printer hasn’t properly “homed” each axis.

The bed leveling system will compensate for minor errors in level on either X or Y axis by manipulating the coordinate space. But it will only go so far. If the bed is terribly out of skew, you may need to check and correct the physical level of the bed.

If the printer is on a flat table with a proper flat surface, and you use a square to check the gantry tower, is it “square” to the table surface and also to the bed? Are the four finger bolts that attach the bed to the rest of the printer properly seated and snug?

You can also ask the printer to do “level” the X-axis. Since the printer has dual Z-axis belts, if they get out of skew with each other they may be holding the X-axis in a non-level orientation. This should correct that issue.

Okay your solution worked! Thank you so much Tim