I have been printing on my TAZ 5 for a couple months with great results with a couple rolls of PLA. I needed to switch to a new one and noticed problems with prints. The attached picture shows problems with the base layer and the final print ends up with a number of problems. Most commonly its poorly formed holes, where the perimeters are not connected to each other nor to the infill.
I have tried pretty much everything to improve the prints without success including changing the print temp, filament size, flow percent, and print speed with no success. It seems like this new roll of Argos 3mm silver is under extruding but my attempts to extrude more seemed to have no affect in the quality. After about a dozen partial prints I am out of ideas of what could have changed. I even re-leveled the bed in case the head was too high.
I tried printing something with a little left over filament from an old roll and seemed to noticed some similar problems (although not as bad) so I am not sure if the issue is with my machine, the filament or the print settings.