First off, this is a long post and I apologize if it gets “wordy” or hard to follow. I’m just trying to give you all the details you need in order to help. If I need to explain something better, please let me know.
Hello, I got my Lulzbot Taz 4 on February 12th, 2015 (the same day the 5 came out http://www.facebook.com/LulzBot/posts/851143351611624) and it worked great the first couple of weeks. I even installed the upgraded hot end you sent me without a problem but ever since the upgrade it really hasn’t printed all that well.
Sometimes it wouldn’t print anything at all so I’d have to raise the hot end up and just extrude filament until the clog was fixed. Most of the time it looked like the filament had a bite taken out of it. There would be little flakes of plastic all over the inside of the extruder where the filament goes. I did some research and found out it was the Hobbed bolt that was causing that and it could have been from cheap filament (for the record I got a roll of ABS and PLA from Adafruit so I thought it would be good filament). To try and remedy the filament problem I bought a roll of PLA and ABS from you guys in red so I could for sure tell the difference (the Adafruit filament was white). The new filament kind of solved my problem… for a while. The Hobbed bolt took a chunk out of this filament, too. Also, it prints the first layer okay and then goes all screwy when it tries to build the layers. I was trying to make one of your octopus prints and I found my printer trying to print in mid air.
I have tried a couple of your slicer profiles but nothing works. I even raised the temperature since I have the new hot end that can get hotter. Also, I never really could print from the SD card all that well. I always had to have my laptop plugged into the printer. This isn’t a problem, I was just wondering what would be the reason for the different printing performances.
Here are some pictures of the last prints I tried to do:
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help.